WHO WE ARE
Essence Christian Church
To see life that was before, a blasphemer, a persecutor, and insolent done ignorantly in unbelief obtain mercy experience grace of our Lord, which is exceedingly abundant, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. A faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came to this world to save you, chief of sinners.
1. Worship as a dynamic experience of the presence of God through Word, Holy Communion, Music and Christian community;
2. Welcome as an invitation to everyone to meet Jesus Christ no matter where they are on their spiritual journey of life;
3. Empower and enable individuals, couples and families to discover the power of the Holy Spirit through faith active in real life; and
4. Growth as the opportunity to increase each person’s confidence and joy in Jesus Christ through prayer, Bible study and through active service in our church, community and world.
We are a vibrant Christian Church which exists to give glory to God in Jesus Christ. We see ourselves as a center for Christian renewal in the lives of individuals, families and congregations.
1. To equip and prepare Christians through Biblical teaching and preaching in God’s word.
2. To rely on prayer for direction, conception, planning and execution of the ministries and activities of this church.
3. To small group ministry because it is where most individual transformation, conversion, and leadership development takes place.
4. To help people discover their spiritual gifts that they might use them in the building up of the Body of Christ, the church.
5. To the ministries of this church being carried out by non-ordained servants. This will be accomplished through training opportunities and through practices that encourage lay initiative, leadership responsibility and authority in various ministries in the church.
6. To all people, just as they are, without regard to race, gender, age, lifestyle, or whatever. We value diversity.
7. To receive direction from the Holy Spirit that enables creativity and innovation. We are more concerned with effectiveness in ministry than with adherence to tradition or efficiency.
8. To maintain a high standard of excellence in all of ministries. This will be achieved when every person exercises his or her God-given spiritual gifts to the best of his or her ability.
9. We are convinced that that life is meant to be given away and that Christianity exists to share Christ with others. We will develop aptitudes that encourage numerical growth without compromising in any way our integrity or our commitment to Biblical truth.